Grilled Chicken Burgers with Guacamole is the perfect recipe for all seasons. The burgers are light but have a delicious charred flavoring and the guacamole is refreshing with hints of vegetables and herbs spread throughout. I grill all year round, it doesn't matter how cold out it is for me, I will be out there in full snow gear if I have to! Sometimes, you just need that flavor only a grill can give and this recipe definitely gives it. These guacamole chicken burgers are a perfect grilling recipe for July 4th, Memorial Day or Labor Day barbecues.
Chicken burgers have become a new thing in our household since we started switching to using healthier and whole ingredients the majority of the time. The goal of a chicken burger is making sure it is not too dry. You need to find ways to get moisture into the burger because chicken can dry out quickly.
Nate was actually the one who came up with the idea for this recipe so I have to give him the credit. We had a bunch of avocados that needed to be used and Nate is OBSESSED with my guacamole recipe. He asked me if I could somehow incorporate chicken and guacamole, so that's exactly what I did! And let me tell you, it was well worth it!
Ingredients for Guacamole Chicken Burgers:
- ground chicken
- garlic powder
- gluten free breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- mixing bowl
The Steps to make Guacamole Chicken Burgers:
- In a mixing bowl, mix together ground chicken, egg, garlic, gluten free bread crumbs, parsley, and salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands and pack the burgers into patties. Set aside and make the guacamole following my guacamole recipe.
- Grill the burgers on medium heat. Quarter turn the burgers after 5 minutes and then flip after another 5. Cook the burgers until they reach 165 degrees. Remove the burgers, top with guacamole and serve. You can add to a burger bun if desired but I like it better without.
Do I have to use gluten free bread crumb?
Nope! We just prefer to because we try and switch out for gluten free ingredients whenever we can. We are not gluten free by any means, but still prefer to stay away from it to avoid inflammation and bloating. It is totally up to you if you would like to use gluten free bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs though. I don't notice a difference in the result between the two.
What if I don't have a grill/can't grill due to weather?
These burgers can absolutely be pan fried! I love to cook burgers on my cast iron skillet if I am cooking burgers inside. I don't do it often, but I have and I have gotten delicious results!
What are some other recipes similar to guacamole chicken burgers?
One of my favorite burger recipes is my Double Bacon Smash Cheeseburgers with Onions and Campfire Sauce.
If you love this Guacamole Chicken Burger recipe you might also love:
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Grilled Chicken Burgers with Guacamole
- Mixing Bowls
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup guacamole
- In a mixing bowl, mix together ground chicken, egg, garlic powder, parsley, gluten free bread crumb, salt and pepper.
- Once mixed together, pack the burgers together to create 4-5 patties.
- Grill the burgers on medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes and then quarter turn the burger.
- Flip the burger and cook another 4-5 minutes before quarter turning one last time.
- Remove the burgers and prep the guacamole. This can be done beforehand too.
- Top the burgers with guacamole and serve.
Leave a Reply