Strawberry Scones combine two of my favorite things in one, strawberries and scones. These fluffy scones are fruity, sweet, and the perfect breakfast to wake up to in the morning. These scones are gluten free and dairy free making them a healthier option.
Growing up, scones had a very special place in my heart. My Mom, Grandma and I have always loved to go to tea houses. Now if you haven't ever been to a tea house, I'm going to spill some beans, you are always going to get scones when you go to a tea house.
One of our favorite tea houses to go to was in Annapolis, Maryland where we visited at least once a year. The scones there have always tasted the best and I always had a hard time finding another that good! You could just tell how freshly baked they were.
I love that I can make one of my favorite treats at home, just in a healthier way so I can enjoy them more often. They are perfect to grab and go, especially during a super busy morning!
- salted butter
- gluten free all purpose flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- maple syrup
- fresh strawberries
To start off this recipe, melt the butter on the stove or in the microwave. Add your gluten free flour, coconut flour and baking powder to a mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter into the flour and work it in with your fingers. This should make a crumby texture. Add vanilla, whisked egg, and maple syrup to the flour and butter mixture and mix with a rubber spatula.
Chop up the strawberries. Add the strawberries into the dough and fold them in using a rubber spatula. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, dump the dough out of the mixing bowl and form it into a disk with your hands. Cut the disk into 8 equal slices and move them slightly apart from each other.
Bake the scones. When they are done, remove the scones from the baking sheet to a cooling rack and let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.
What if I don't like strawberries?
If you don't like strawberries, you could try my Blueberry Scones! They are absolutely delicious and taste just like the version Starbucks makes!
Why did you add coconut flour and gluten free flour?
Gluten free baking flour is very dry and does not hold much moisture. Coconut flour, on the other hand, adds moisture to the flour combination. This gives you a more fluffy and light texture that a scone should have!
If you love this recipe, you might also love:
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Healthier Strawberry Scones
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowls
- ¼ cup salted butter melted
- 2 ½ cup gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs whisked
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add gluten free all purpose flour, coconut flour, and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Melt butter on the stove or in the microwave and add to the flour.
- Knead in with your hands. This should create a crumby texture.
- Add vanilla, whisked eggs, and maple syrup to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Chop the strawberries and fold them into the dough.
- Dump the dough out onto the parchment paper and form into a disk with your hands.
- Cut the disk into 8 equal pieces and move them slightly apart.
- Baking for 20-22 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- Remove to a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply