These chocolate chip cookie dough truffles takes chocolate chip cookie dough to the next level. Who doesn't love cookie dough?! Especially chocolate chip cookie dough! Chocolate chip cookie dough is sweet, salty, buttery and oh so delicious! I mean come on, we all sneak some cookie dough whenever a batch of chocolate chip cookies is getting ready to go into the oven. To make it all better, the cookie dough is coated and a delicious, sweet chocolate coating. Hello perfection.
Let's be honest, we have all snuck some cookie dough from the bowl when baking cookies. Especially when it is chocolate chip cookie dough! I think chocolate chip cookie dough is basically the poster child for cookie dough flavors. I mean really, you have to be crazy to dislike it!
Cookie dough reminds me of my childhood. I mean I'm sure most of us can agree with that statement, right? The best part of baking cookies is not the cookies, but the cookie dough 100%. So why not turn them into a truffle and coat them in even more chocolate? It is basically my gift to the world and you are all welcome.
- refined coconut oil
- maple syrup
- coconut flour
- coconut sugar
- mini Paleo friendly chocolate chips
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Add in coconut flour and salt and mix until well combined. Add in coconut sugar and mix again. Fold mini chocolate chips into the batter. Set the batter in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to let it set a little so it doesn't melt when you coat it in chocolate.
Once the dough is ready, melt coconut oil and chocolate chips in a small sauce pan. Roll the dough into 12 individual balls and roll each ball in the chocolate until coated. Place them on a baking sheet. Once all of the dough is coated, stick the baking sheet back in the fridge and let the chocolate set for 30-45 minutes. If there is chocolate left over, you can then drizzle some on top for a little extra prettiness! Once the chocolate is set you are free to enjoy!
Why do you use refined coconut oil vs. unrefined?
Refined coconut oil takes all of the coconut flavoring out of the oil. Unrefined still has coconut flavoring which then takes over the dish. So, I suggest if you are not making a coconut dessert to always use refined. I have made the mistake before and it definitely is not a mistake you want to make if its not a desired flavoring in your dessert!
Is this dessert vegan friendly?
Yes! There is no egg and as long as you use dairy free chocolate chips, you are good to go! The cookie dough can also be eaten prior to creating the truffles as an edible cookie dough so that's always a fun, vegan friendly option too.
If you love this recipe, you might also love:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Mixing Bowl
- small sauce pan
- Baking Sheet
For the cookie dough
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup refined coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
For the chocolate coating
- 2 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Add in coconut flour and salt and mix well.
- Add in coconut sugar and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and let the dough set for 15-30 minutes.
- Melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil, mixing constantly so that it does not burn on the bottom.
- Roll the dough into balls and place each ball in the chocolate individually and coat the balls in chocolate.
- Once coated, place the truffle onto a baking sheet.
- Let the chocolate set for about 30-45 minutes.
- If desired drizzle extra chocolate on top at this point. Once that is set you can enjoy!
Leave a Reply