Peanut Butter Granola. Crispy, salty, and perfect when paired with plain greek yogurt, on top of a smoothie bowl, or to make it even more fun, add in on top of an ice cream sundae! This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and really doesn't take too long to cook! Definitely a win win!
Peanut Butter has always been and always will be one of my favorite flavors of all time. I love the salty, nutty flavor with the creamy texture. I tend to gravitate towards peanut butter everything, especially when it comes to snacks like this.
My Mom tells me I was absolutely no different when I was younger. I always wanted something with peanut butter on it. I loved peanut butter jelly, peanut butter crackers, Reese's, peanut butter ripple peanut butter, literally all peanut butter all the time. So, it is only natural that my first granola recipe is peanut butter granola of course!
Fun fact about me, I loved Halloween because it meant I could search for all of the Reese's that I possibly could. It was like a competition for me. Seriously, the more peanut butter, the better.
To begin, melt coconut oil, honey, peanut butter, vanilla and salt on the stove over medium low heat. Once all of the ingredients are melted and combined, pour it on top of the rolled oats in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold the peanut butter mixture into the rolled oats.
Once all of the granola is covered, pour the granola out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning the granola every ten minutes so the bottom doesn't burn.
Once done, let the granola cool and harden for at least 20 minutes before breaking apart.
Can I add any nuts to the mixture?
Absolutely! Going along with the peanut butter theme, peanuts would be a fantastic addition to this granola mixture! You could also change it up and add some chopped peanuts or walnuts as well.
What if I don't have honey or am looking for a vegan option?
If you don't want to use honey, don't have it, or follow a vegan diet, you can switch out the honey for maple syrup with a 1:1 ratio.
If you love this recipe, you might also love:
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread Bars
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Peanut Butter Granola
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a sauce pan, melt peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and salt together on medium low heat.
- Add rolled oats to a mixing bowl.
- Once the peanut butter mixture is done, pour on top of the rolled oats and fold them in using a rubber spatula until all of the rolled oats are coated.
- Spread the granola out on the baking sheet and put them in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes, while flipping and turning the granola every 10 minutes to assure the bottom doesn't burn.