Cheesy Garlic Buttered Gnocchi. Soft pan fried potato gnocchi tossed in a garlic butter sauce with parmesan cheese topped with spices and herbs. Calling all my garlic gnocchi recipe lovers, this one is for you. It truly lets the gnocchi shine while providing you with a super quick and easy weeknight meal that is light yet packed with delicious flavor. This garlic butter sauce with gnocchi tossed in is a delicious meal for the whole family to enjoy.
We've all waited way too long for this recipe. Like way too long. But it is finally here and it is here to stay! In celebration of the one year anniversary of The Buttered Gnocchi, we have buttered gnocchi! And oh my goodness it is absolutely delicious!
I am so thankful for all of the love and support over the past year since starting my blog. So, as a thank you, I am providing this recipe because believe me, it is oh so worth it! The gnocchi is cooked perfectly and truly shines through the light butter sauce.
Ingredients for Cheesy Garlic Buttered Gnocchi:
- potato gnocchi
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- grated parmesan
The Steps for Cheesy Garlic Buttered Gnocchi:
- Melt butter in the skillet and add the olive oil. Then add the crushed garlic cloves to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Next, add in gnocchi and allow to cook in the butter for about 5 minutes until they become soft. Add in salt, pepper, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Allow the cheese to melt. Serve immediately. Garnish with some extra parmesan, fresh cracked pepper and parsley.
Why do you use both butter and olive oil?
You add olive oil in with the butter to help the butter not brown. There is definitely a time and place for browned butter and this recipe is not it! It also helps the garlic keep from burning!
Do I have to boil the gnocchi first?
Nope! Cooking the gnocchi in the butter will completely suffice! Just make sure you let it cook until it is soft!
What are some yummy side dishes I could pair with this meal?
One of my favorite side dishes to pair with this meal is my Cheesy Butter Bacon Mashed Potatoes.
What are some other recipes I could try similar to Cheesy Garlic Buttered Gnocchi?
One of my favorite pasta dishes which has a very similar flavor profile is my Homemade Shrimp Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo! It is another simple meal for the whole family to enjoy during the week!
If you love this recipe, you might also love:
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Homemade Shrimp Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo
- Shrimp and Lobster Ravioli with a Cajun Cream Sauce
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Cheesy Garlic Buttered Gnocchi
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese and a little extra to garnish
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- parsley to garnish
- Melt butter in the skillet and add the olive oil.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add in gnocchi and allow to cook in the butter for about 5 minutes until they become soft.
- Add in salt, pepper, lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with some extra parmesan, fresh cracked pepper and parsley.
This post may contain affiliate links. By posting a product through these links, I may receive a small commission. Please know, I would never suggest a product that I don’t use on my own and love! Thank you so much for your support, it helps me keep The Buttered Gnocchi up and running!
Leave a Reply