Spinach and Artichoke Garlic Alfredo Pizza with Pesto. A dream. This cheesy, herby, savory pizza is just the most delicious and simple recipe that will pack your dinner plate with flavor. I will admit, I have not yet ventured into the world of making my own pizza crust. But, in my opinion, a lot of store bought pre-made pizza crusts are still delicious, and the topping on this baby makes up for it! It is the ultimate white pizza!
Do you remember growing up when teachers would ask what your favorite food is in the beginning of the school year for all of the get to know me stuff? Guess what my answer was, every single time. You probably guessed it, pizza. Don't worry, I was not eating pizza as sophisticated as this as a young child, I was more of a plain cheese kind of gal. Honestly though, even though pizza like this sounded gross to me as a kid, I probably would have liked it.
I mean, come on, what kid doesn't like pizza?!
- pre-made pizza dough
For the sauce:
- garlic cloves
- cream cheese
- heavy whipping cream
- shredded parmesan cheese
Roll out and flatten your pizza dough using a rolling pin. Make sure the pizza dough is even and get it into a circle shape the best you can. Place the dough on your pizza stone covered in parchment paper.
In a saucepan, add butter and garlic. Allow the butter to melt and the garlic to get fragrant. Add in the flour and mix in to create a roux. Let the roux cook for about 3 minutes. Add in the heavy whipping cream and stir well. Let the mixture simmer on low for about 3-5 minutes. Add in the cheese and mix. Add in the milk to help lighten up the thickness a little if desired. Add sauce onto pizza dough and spread evenly.
Add mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce. Evenly spread spinach, artichoke hearts, and pesto. Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
Do you have to use pre-made pizza dough?
Nope! You can absolutely make your own! I have not yet developed my own pizza dough recipe but there are tons of awesome ones out there that are quite easy to make!
Can I make my own pesto?
Absolutely! And I have a delicious pesto recipe you can try out that is super easy to make and vegan friendly!
If you love this recipe, you might also love:
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Spinach and Artichoke Garlic Alfredo Pizza with Pesto
- cast iron pizza stone
Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ bar of cream cheese
- ½ pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line the pizza stone with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place on the pizza stone.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with garlic until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the flour and stir until a roux is created. Let the roux cook on low about 3 minutes.
- Add in heavy whipping cream and mix in well. Simmer on low about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in parmesan cheese and mix well. Add in milk as needed if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Spread sauce evenly on pizza.
- Spread mozzarella cheese evenly across pizza. Add spinach, artichoke hearts and pesto evenly on top of pizza.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and cut evenly.