Whipped Feta with Toasted Pine Nuts. Tangy feta whipped to a creamy texture with cream cheese and hints of garlic and herbs topped with toasted pine nuts served on crisp crostini chips. I love a good dip appetizer. I love how you get all of the flavors in the dish in every single bite. This one is so easy to throw together but is packed with s0 many flavors, you won't be able to get enough of it!
The food processor has been a new favorite appliance of mine recently. Growing up, we only ever had one big enough for chopping nuts, so I had no idea of the many recipe possibilities that came along with one. I love that I now opened up a whole new realm of possibilities when it comes to this handy appliance!
Toasted pine nuts are another concept that I am really falling in love with. They add such a nutty flavor. I love them raw too, but adding the little toast completely elevates the flavors!
In a food processor, add the block of feta. Pulse until feta becomes a thin crumble. Add in the cream cheese and pulse again until combined. Pour the milk into the food processor and turn on until a whipped texture is created. Add in garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix until completely combined. On the stove, add olive oil and heat on medium. Add the pine nuts, stirring constantly until toasted. Serve with toasted pine nuts spread on top of the feta dip with crostini chips.
What if I do not have a food processor?
You could use a blender, but you will get a slightly different texture. I personally have not tried this but you will still get the same flavor profile.
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yes, the dip is gluten free! If you are looking for it to be completely gluten free, make sure you pair it with a gluten free cracker of some sort!
If you love this recipe, you might also love:
- Turkey and Feta Stuffed Peppers with Tzatziki Sauce
- Homemade Shrimp Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo
- Caramelized Onion and Chive Dip
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Whipped Feta with Toasted Pine Nuts
- Food Processor
- In a food processor, add the block of feta. Pulse until feta becomes a thin crumble.
- Add in the cream cheese and pulse again until combined.
- Pour the milk into the food processor and turn on until a whipped texture is created.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix until completely combined.
- On the stove, add olive oil and heat on medium. Add the pine nuts, stirring constantly until toasted.
- Serve with toasted pine nuts spread on top of the feta dip with crostini chips.