Jalapeño Crab Phyllo Dough Tartlets. Creamy crab mixture stuffed with jalapeños in crispy phyllo dough cups topped with herby chives. Each bite is a burst of creamy, spicy, and herby flavors all in one with an extra crispy texture added in. I love hors d'oeuvres. I think there is just some special about getting all of the flavors and textures of the dish in one single bite.
I love anything crab flavored. I love the summery feeling behind the flavor. Growing up, crabs were like a summer staple in our household. There are not many things that relax me more than sitting outside on a vacation with a cold drink in my hand picking some blue claw crabs. Now, while i love the meat by itself, but I also love to implement it into different recipes.
This recipe combines two of my favorite things, crab and hors d'oeuvres. There is just something about bite sized foods that just totally appeals to me! These tasty treats are the perfect finger foods to go along with any cocktail hour!
Remove the phyllo dough cups from the freezer and allow them to come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Dice the jalapeños and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well combined. Add in diced jalapeños and mix them in. Fold in the crab meat. Place the phyllo dough cups on a baking sheet. Add about 1-1 ½ tablespoons the mixture into each cup. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Slice the chives into small pieces are place on top of each cup. Serve immediately.
Where do you get crab meat?
You can get already cooked, peeled and shredded crab meat at both the food store or your local seafood market. If you are feeling adventurous and want extremely fresh crab, you can always cook and pick the crabs yourself! This will of course take a little more work but is so worth it in my opinion.
What are some other delicious crab recipes I can try?
One of my favorite crab recipes is my Deep Fried Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons! They are a delicious recipe infused with crab and fried to a crisp perfection!
If you love this recipe, you might also love:
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Garlic Lime Sauce
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Crostini
- Seared Tuna with an Asian Marinade
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Crab Jalapeño Phyllo Dough Tartlets
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Remove the phyllo dough cups from the freezer and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice the jalapeños and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well combined.
- Add in diced jalapeños and mix them in.
- Fold in the crab meat.
- Place the phyllo dough cups on a baking sheet.
- Add about 1-1 ½ tablespoons the mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Slice the chives into small pieces are place on top of each cup. Serve immediately.