Pumpkin season is here and this boozy pumpkin spice martini is sure to take your fall celebrations to the next level. This pumpkin martini recipe is the perfect fall cocktail packed with pumpkin cream liqueur, vanilla vodka, and heavy cream and a few delicious surprises.
This pumpkin pie martini recipe is the perfect cocktail to serve during the chilly fall months, especially during pumpkin season. Once September hits, I am ready for all things pumpkin and this is the perfect drink to help me get that pumpkin flavor I look forward to every year. This can be a really fun drink to enjoy around Halloween while watching spooky movies at home. It is also a great cocktail to enjoy on Thanksgiving.
A pumpkin martini needs to have an abundance of pumpkin flavor while also having a little bite from the one part vanilla vodka with some richness from the heavy cream. There are also hints of cinnamon in the pumpkin pie spice and added creaminess from the whipped cream on top. The rim of the glass is covered in graham crackers to give an extra bite of sweetness.
- vanilla vodka
- pumpkin pie liqueur
- heavy whipping cream
- caramel or syrup
- whipped cream
- pumpkin pie spice
See recipe card for quantities.
Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Add vanilla vodka, pumpkin pie liqueur and heavy whipping cream to the cocktail shaker.
Put the lid on the shaker and shake.
Rim the glass in caramel or syrup. Then rim the glass in crushed graham crackers.
Pour the contents of the shaker into the martini glass. Garnish with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice. Serve immediately.
Hint: make sure you use a good cocktail shaker. Using one without a good seal will cause your martini contents to spray all over creating a sticky and expensive mess! I like using this cocktail shaker, it works great and has a great seal.
There are a few substitutions that can be made in order to alter this drink for different scenarios.
- Dairy Free - while the heavy cream adds a little extra richness and smoothness to the drink, with the pumpkin pie liqueur it is not 100% necessary. The drink can be made and still be delicious by omitting the heavy cream.
- Pumpkin Pie Liqueur - if you cannot find a pumpkin pie liqueur, you have a few options. You can use a pumpkin vodka and then use irish cream. You can also use vanilla vodka with pumpkin puree muddled and strained into it with irish cream.
There are a few different ways that this recipe can be changed to make a totally new drink for any season.
- Strawberry - instead of using a pumpkin pie liqueur, a strawberries and cream liqueur can be used.
- Peppermint - using a peppermint liqueur can make a deliciously fun drink for the holidays.
- Sugar Cookie - using a mix of Irish cream, amaretto and vanilla vodka creates this deliciously sweet martini recipe that is perfect for the holiday season.
See this Sugar Cookie Martini on my website!
To create this recipe, you will need a cocktail shaker, shot glass, and martini glasses. To crush the graham crackers it can also be very helpful to use a ziploc and something heavier like a meat cleaver.
Leftovers can be refrigerated in the cocktail shaker or in a glass for up to a day. Chances are, you won't have any leftovers though.
Using something sweet to help the graham cracker rim stick to the glass adds a lot of flavor and texture to this delicious cocktail. It makes it seem like you are having a piece of pumpkin pie in drink form making it one of the best dessert cocktails.
During the fall seasons, there are a lot of different varieties of pumpkin spice liqueur, pumpkin pie vodka, etc. available at the liquor store. Rumchata is another popular brand that makes a creamy pumpkin pie liqueur and would create a delicious rumchata pumpkin pie martini. You an also use real pumpkin puree by muddling and straining it in with the drink for an authentic pumpkin flavor.
This delicious pumpkin pie martini is the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail to grace your Thanksgiving menu this year! It is the best way to celebrate the holiday with family and friends.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with this Pumpkin Pie Martini:
Pumpkin Martini Recipe
- 1 oz vanilla vodka
- 2 oz pumpkin pie liqueur
- 1 oz heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup graham crackers crushed
- whipped cream to garnish
- pumpkin pie spice to garnish
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Add vanilla vodka, pumpkin pie liqueur and heavy whipping cream to the cocktail shaker.
- Put the lid on the shaker and shake.
- Rim the glass in caramel or syrup. Then rim the glass in crushed graham crackers.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into the martini glass. Garnish with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice. Serve immediately.
- serve chilled
- any pumpkin flavor liqueur will work for this recipe
- any vanilla vodka will work for this recipe. Plain vodka will also work.
We sometimes take for a granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience, that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
This post may contain affiliate links. By posting a product through these links, I may receive a small commission. Please know, I would never suggest a product that I don’t use on my own and love! Thank you so much for your support, it helps me keep The Buttered Gnocchi up and running!