Jumbo shrimp wrapped in bacon slices and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. This easy appetizer bacon recipe is one of the best ways to wow your guests with only a couple simple ingredients. This flavorful shrimp recipe will always be a hit. The crisp bacon pairs perfectly with the bite of shrimp and when paired with your favorite dipping sauce creates a delicious combination of flavor.
The perfect appetizer is essential for game day. This air fryer bacon wrapped shrimp is the perfect addition to your menu. It is also great to make for Christmas, Thanksgiving or any of the holidays. They are also a great addition to summer barbecues.
The best part about this easy recipe is that you only need two ingredients!
- frozen shrimp
See recipe card for quantities.
Going along with the easy appetizer trend, the steps to create this recipe are pretty simple as well.
Thaw the shrimp if frozen and peel off the shells. If using raw fresh shrimp just peel the shells off. Cut the slices of bacon in half.
Place a raw shrimp at the end of a piece of bacon. Roll the shrimp in the bacon. Place the bacon wrapped shrimp in the air fryer basket.
Air fry the bacon wrapped shrimp for 10 minutes at 390 degrees. Flip the shrimp. Air fry for another 5 minutes at 390 degrees. Remove and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
For the dipping sauce, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and horseradish. Mix well in a small bowl.
Hint: place the bacon wrapped shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This assures that the shrimp all cooks evenly.
- Bacon - you can swap out the bacon for turkey bacon if you want a leaner meat.
- Shrimp - the shrimp can be swapped out for tofu or sausage if you cannot eat shrimp.
- Sauce - you can use any dipping sauce that you would like to serve with your shrimp. Bbq sauce is another great option along with my horseradish sauce included in this recipe.
Here are a few ways you can spice this recipe up!
- Spicy - toss the air fryer bacon-wrapped shrimp in hot sauce or buffalo sauce for an extra kick. Serve this recipe with a cream cheese based dip or blue cheese dressing to help cool down the flavor.
- Deep Fried - get real adventurous and coat the shrimp wrapped in bacon in bread crumbs and stick them in the deep fryer.
- Kid friendly - serve with ketchup or mustard for kid friendly dipping sauces.
For best results, you will need to have an air fryer. You can choose to use an oven too if you don't have an air fryer. To do this you would just follow the exact same steps and cooking times.
You will also need a sharp knife to cut through the bacon. Believe me when I tell you you need a sharp knife, bacon can be very difficult to cut. You may also want some paper towels to put the shrimp on after they go through the air fryer because the bacon can be a little greasy after going through the air fryer.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
You can freeze this recipe for up to 2 months. I promise that you won't though, they're impossible not to finish immediately after coming out of the air fryer!
use a smoky bacon strips for a little extra added flavor. Or you could even add some Old Bay seasoning to the shrimp before wrapping it in the bacon for another splash of flavor.
Here are some other air fryer recipes you might like
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Sharp Knife
For the Shrimp
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
- 12 slices bacon cut in half
- Thaw the shrimp if frozen and peel off the shells. If using raw fresh shrimp just peel the shells off. Cut the slices of bacon in half.
- Place a raw shrimp at the end of a piece of bacon. Roll the shrimp in the bacon. Place the bacon wrapped shrimp in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the bacon wrapped shrimp for 10 minutes at 390 degrees. Flip the shrimp. Air fry for another 5 minutes at 390 degrees. Remove and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- For the dipping sauce, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and horseradish. Mix well in a small bowl.
I actually prefer thin cut bacon. Using a thinner slice of bacon helps give you a more crispy bacon.
Absolutely! The best way to serve this recipe though is as a delicious air fryer appetizer. If you are serving this as a main dish, just make sure you make enough and pair it with some delicious sides.
I personally prefer either extra large or jumbo. I think the large shrimp are too small and they get taken over by the strips of bacon. Please note if you are using a smaller shrimp, this will change your cooking time. Your cook time will decrease because you don't want the shrimp to overcook. Just make sure if you do this that the bacon fully cooks.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
This post may contain affiliate links. By posting a product through these links, I may receive a small commission. Please know, I would never suggest a product that I don’t use on my own and love! Thank you so much for your support, it helps me keep The Buttered Gnocchi up and running!