Picture this, it's Sunday, the first Sunday of the NFL football season to be exact, and you have a ton of friends coming over later to watch the big game. Now if you are anything like me, you need to make sure you have the perfect spread to entertain. Well, let me share something that will be making its way to my table. Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon with my special sauce. So simple, but such an elevation of flavors. You get that bite of seafood flavor, the salty signature flavor of bacon and then the creaminess of the special sauce. You have officially found the perfect football Sunday app.
This recipe is ridiculously simple and I have been making it for a long, long time. I got this recipe from my Dad, all the way from the shrimp and bacon combo to the special sauce. He made it for us growing up and we always had it for during football games.
Nate and I spent our first football season together in our home last year. We love to entertain so it was a given for us to host a party for the first Eagles game of the season. I knew I wanted to have these delicious little bites on the table just because for me, it doesn't feel like I am properly watching football without them. It is something so simple, but makes such a big difference.
This recipe is great if you just want a quick appetizer to throw together and don't want to put a ton of work into it. It is about 10 minutes of prep, bake them up, and then you are good to go!
Ingredients for Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon:
For the shrimp:
- frozen shrimp
For the sauce:
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
The Steps to make Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon:
I can promise you, this will probably be one of the easiest appetizer recipes you will ever make.
- To start, defrost the shrimp and peel them if they have the shells on. Then, take the bacon and cut each slice into three pieces. If you leave them all together you can usually just cut all of the slices at once if your knife is sharp enough.
- Wrap each shrimp in one of the cut bacon slices and place it on the baking sheet that has been covered in parchment paper, throw them in the oven and bake away! Make sure you flip the shrimp halfway through the baking time.
- Mix the ingredients of your special sauce while these bake and store it in the fridge until the shrimp are ready.
Is there anywhere I can cut down on fat?
Yes! There a few ways! The first would be to exchange the mayonnaise out for a non fat or a whole 30 compliant mayonnaise. You also can switch out cured bacon for an uncured bacon which helps cut down on a lot of the preservatives.
Can I use a different sauce?
Absolutely! This is just the sauce that I use and have always used and I personally love it, so I don't use other sauces. There are a ton of combinations that would also go great with the shrimp and bacon too!
What are some other recipes I can make similar to Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon?
A delicious shrimp appetizer recipe you NEED to try is my Bang Bang Shrimp with Ranch! Another delicious shrimp appetizer is my Baked Coconut Shrimp with a Garlic Lime Sweet Chili Sauce!
If you love this recipe, you might also love:
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I update it daily with new recipes, kitchen tips, and much more! If you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram at @thebutteredgnocchi or use the hashtag #thebutteredgnocchi so that I can feature you!
Also check me out on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
For the Shrimp
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
- 12 slices bacon cut into thirds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Defrost the shrimp and peel the shells.
- Cut the bacon into thirds.
- Wrap each piece of shrimp in one of the bacon thirds.
- Put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, flipping the shrimp halfway in between.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup and horseradish. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with toothpicks and special sauce on the side, enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. By posting a product through these links, I may receive a small commission. Please know, I would never suggest a product that I don’t use on my own and love! Thank you so much for your support, it helps me keep The Buttered Gnocchi up and running!